But that's just what I've done. You can download the current edition (93kb, PDF) or find it on the sidebar. I intend to publish every month, within the first week or two of the month, based on the FIFA rankings and the following alternatives:
- ELO: This is probably the most well-established and statistically rigorous of the alternatives.
- Ziaian: Easily the most home-spun, but he publishes regularly, and the results fall well within the realm of believability.
- Xocca: My favourite among my German discoveries.
- Mondfoot: Kind of like the crazy French uncle in the rankings family. Still they publish consistently and have been doing so for a long time, without which the whole exercise is somewhat futile. Plus it brings a bit more ethnic diversity, and a certain joie de vivre to the table.
- The list of countries ranked is not exhaustive. Instead I rank only those 205 countries considered under the FIFA rankings. Other systems (ELO, Ziaian) consider more, others (Xocca) less.
- For those countries which are not ranked under all systems, an average is taken of those in which they are ranked -- that is, the sample size is smaller.