You see, my live blogs of Canadian matches have been some of my most popular posts, in terms of visits. In fact, they are the only popular posts to appear on this blog.
Pleasing my readers is what it is all about, and what better way for me to please my readers than to ask somebody else to do it for me.
Here is what I am proposing: You (not all of you, but hopefully at least one) live blog the Jamaica match for me. I'll add you as an author on this blog, you can contribute a few posts in the lead up to the match, since I'll be incommunicado between the 17th and the 23rd, but most importantly, you keep tabs on the action with a live blog post during the match. This live blog may include:
- disparaging remarks about the opponent nation, perhaps making reference to that country's abuse of the English language, underperforming economy, weed habit, etc.
- keeping the readers up-to-date on what beer is lubricating your thoughts -- for example, I just became intimate for the first time with a Singaporean brew, a not unpleasant experience
- cleary biased play-by-play and commentary
- such details as time of the match, and to what lengths readers will need to go to view it live (it is likely the Jamaica game will appear live on at least one of the Sportsnet regional feeds)
- liberal use of the phrase 'soccer boner'
Any takers? Leave a comment and we'll be in touch.
For an idea of what you'd be getting yourself into, check out some past live blogs (listed in reverse chronological order):
Canada - SVG: live blog
Euro '08: Netherlands - Italy live blog
Brazil Participation: It's a live blog!
Toronto FC vs Columbus Crew live blog
Vancouver Whitecaps - Los Angeles Galaxy live blog
U23: Canada - USA live blog
U23: Canada - Guatemala live blog (?)
U23: Canada - Haiti live blog
U23: Canada - Mexico live blog