Saturday, February 07, 2009

Heads up


Far be it from me to direct traffic away from this little corner of the interwebs, but if I'm not mistaken, this week's episode of It's Called Football, today at noon E.T., will include an interview with none other than Julian de Guzman.

I can't watch this morning (I'll be out taking my chances on the River Trail), so if anybody could do me a favour and keep track of what questions are asked, or more importantly not asked, that would be great. You see, our favourited afro'd midfielder has also consented to be interviewed via email by yours truly. But JDG has been in the press a fair deal lately, relative to others in his sport in Canada, and has been asked a lot of questions more than once.

I want to do something fresh.

I know I could check the archived version of the show, but then my readers wouldn't have any homework to do.

Seriously, though, if you have a question you think I should ask Julian, post it in the comments. But wait until his ICF interview has been aired.


By the by, just so you know how exciting my life is, I'm up to my regular routine of live ticker creeping of Canadian internationals. The hot team these days (though not their performance - they're currently in last) is the Bundesliga's Borussia Moenchengladbach, home to both Paul Stalteri and Rob Friend. And moments ago:

16:46

60. min

1:0

Friend wird bei einem Konter in letzter Sekunde gestoppt, Stalteri kommt zum Nachschuss, verfehlt aus 16 Metern aber den link en Winkel knapp.

Still, the team is on track for its first win in some time.

2 comments:

squizz said...

As I'm sure you've heard by now, JDG actually didn't show up on ICF this past week (again). He was busy preparing for his talk with you, I'm sure.

Anyway, one question that came to mind was what he thought about the possibility that he could be named Canada captain when Stalteri retires.

J said...

I feel like a right fool, directing my legions of readers to a nonexistent interview. C'est la vie.

As for JDG, I highly doubt he is living every moment in breathless anticipation of our forthcoming email interview (he took over a month to respond to my initial inquiry). However, your question is a good one and I'll find a way to include it.