Saturday, April 11, 2009

USL-1 season preview

I don't know the first thing about USL-1, beyond the two Canadian teams, and that the Puerto Rico Islanders are pretty good.

But I'll post my predicted order of finish for the league's teams, just for fun. Do yours in the comments, then we can compare in 5 month's time, just for shits and giggles.
Puerto Rico
Montreal
Charleston
Vancouver
Austin
Portland
Rochester
Minnesota
Carolina
Cleveland
Miami
Great, that was fun. Of course, my real reason for making this post was to declare my undying (for this year) devotion to the Vancouver Whitecaps. Just like I adopted Mike Klukowski as my MNT player of choice, I'm on board with Vancouver for my preferred Canadian pro team.

Welcome to the family. And meet your brother:

We'll still have time for the mullet.

So be prepared for slobbering devotion to a club I've never seen live, and rarely on TV. Speaking of TV, though, USLlive.com is streaming USL-1 games for free all year.

Included in these matches is Vancouver's season opener at home to Charleston at 10 pm et.

No comments: