POT ($ paid or promised): $15
As of 8 am ct, 3 July 2009.
As promised, readers of this blog will have the opportunity to participate in yet another contest.
This one will be the simplest to date: a total goals pool for players in July's Gold Cup tournament.
Here's how it will work:
- Download the complete list of players for the upcoming tournament
- Select two players from each team
- The entry with the most goals scored among its selected players will be the winner. Tiebreaking criteria will be announced at a later date (likely first tiebreaker is that Canada goals would count double).
I can't really afford to keep dipping into my own pocket for these contests, until someone hooks me up with a sweet sponsorship deal. So for this contest, in the true spirit of pools, a cash prize will be offered only if the contest entrants pony up the cash.
So, to enter:
- Send me an email with your picks (12 teams x 2 players per team = 24 total)
- Use the button below to kick your $3 into the pot via PayPal.
If you don't want to pay to play, you can play for free, but you'll only be eligible for a third of the prize money. If this occurs, one third of the pot would go to the highest placed paid entry, and one third to me for administrative costs.
For those worried I won't pay:
- Get over yourself, it's only $3.
- Check with my previous contest winners, commenters P and squizz, and they will tell you that I'm good for it.