Thursday, July 02, 2009

Quick hits

A few notes before I leave the digital world for a little while:
And, to get the blood boiling a bit in advance of tomorrow's match:



Finally, I've blogged on more than one occasion about using the US Open Cup results as a statistical basis in the argument about the relative strength of USL-1 and MLS. MLS teams played in the competition over the last few days.

I don't have time to expand on the implications, but the results from the last two days:
MLS record vs USL-1 sides: 2 wins, 2 draws*, 1 loss

USL-2 sides made a little noise as well
MLS record vs USL-2 sides: 0 wins, 2 losses

* Matches decided by penalties counted as draws

1 comment:

Footie Fool said...

Okay, my blood is officially boiling. A little piece of me dies everytime I see that clip.