- There are only 3 entries so far in the Gold Cup goals pool. You have until kickoff of Canada's match tomorrow to enter. Follow the link for details.
- Canada played Guatemala in a friendly on Tuesday and won 3-0. Headhunting Canuck knocked off the rust and blogged about it. Questions remain about whether it was a full 'A' friendly and whether the 2 goals Ali Gerba scored count toward his already impressive tally. Patrice Bernier scored the other goal.
- CONCACAF took the unprecedented decision to allow the USA to declare 7 players in addition to the 23-man roster they had already submitted. Play favourites much?
- The Footie Fool is rounding into fine form, with a couple of good rants about the USA roster expansion, as well as Sportsnet's halfhearted coverage of the tournament.
Finally, I've blogged on more than one occasion about using the US Open Cup results as a statistical basis in the argument about the relative strength of USL-1 and MLS. MLS teams played in the competition over the last few days.
I don't have time to expand on the implications, but the results from the last two days:
MLS record vs USL-1 sides: 2 wins, 2 draws*, 1 loss
USL-2 sides made a little noise as well
MLS record vs USL-2 sides: 0 wins, 2 losses
* Matches decided by penalties counted as draws