He said to the bystanders, “Take the pound from him and give it to the one who has ten pounds.” (And they said to him, “Lord, he has ten pounds!”) “I tell you, to all those who have, more will be given; but from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away.
Or, the rich get richer. Depends on your point of view I guess.
In that spirit, please revisit my top 10 most popular posts of 2009. Not sure why they ended up as most popular; read them again to find out!
- Two of my least favourite Canadians: A handshake seals a Faustian bargain. Which one is the devil?
- Santos-Impact: 2nd leg live blog: Both Jason de Vos and I selected this game as our low moment in Canadian soccer in '09. But looking back, you'll see that it all started with so much promise.
- Nutrilite Canadian Championship pool: The beginning of the most popular contest to date on this blog. Congrats to our eventual winner, squizz, of some canadian guys... (honest, it wasn't fixed).
- MLS vs USL-1: Head to head: Arguments about the relative strength of MLS and USL-1 teams seem a bit quaint now, given that the two strongest franchises of the former USL-1 are MLS bound, and the lesser league has recently imploded. But it's the kind of argument that deserves some numerical analysis, which I provided.
- The next traitor?: I try to guess who the next player will be to switch national allegiances. My guess? David Hoilett. While he may yet choose another country, two other players have jumped ship in the 9 months since this post: Asmir Begovic and Jacob Lensky. So take what you read on this blog with a pretty big grain of salt.
- Montreal Impact - Santos: Monday preview: A preview of the first leg of that epic CCL quarterfinal.
- The treason scale: Where does Begovic weigh in?: A scientific measurement scale for opportunism and disloyalty.
- The Lensky interview: Back when we still cared about this guy, he did an interview with the Dutch press, when he couldn't quite decide what to do with his life. I applied my considerable linguistic talents and translated.
- Soccer 360 magazine review: I had to return a Christmas present and bought a soccer magazine for the bus ride home.
- Does CONCACAF deserve more World Cup representation?: Numbers again. Just a week old, this post looks at the performance of the weak sisters of world football (AFC, CAF, CONCACAF) in the last 4 World Cups.