*** 38 entries submitted. Check out all the picks made to date ***
It's that time again. With the Voyageurs Cup/Nutrilite Canadian Championship rapidly approaching, it's time to revive the most popular contest in this blog's history.
The contest, of course, is the VC/NCC prediction league, the previous edition of which received upwards of 30 entries, and was won in a close finish by some canadian guy squizz.
Because of the tightness of the finish, I'll be tweaking the tie-breaking procedures this year, but other than that the format will remain the same.
Here's the important information:
- Participants will predict the final score of each of the 6 NCC matches.
- Total discrepancy from the final score of each match will be tallied. e.g.: If you predicted Toronto 1 - 0 Montreal for the opening fixture, and the final was 2-2, your discrepancy factor would be 3 goals (off by 1 for TFC, off by 2 for MTL). Low score wins.
- First tie-breaker will be total number of exact scorelines. Second is total number of correct results (win/draw/loss). Third will be correctly predicting the tournament's high goal scorer.
It's simple: win the whole thing, get a prize. The prize will be a team scarf of one of the participating teams, or an FC Edmonton scarf if they're available by tourney's end. Or one of these, if they're available to schmucks like us:
In order to maintain interest at the bottom of the table, the lanterne rouge (overall loser of the pool) will get to choose the scarf that is awarded to the winner.
HOW TO ENTER
Your entry should include, in something like this format (minus the spreadsheet, please):
- The exact score of each fixture (in the correct order, please)
- Your prediction for tournament leading goal scorer.
Golden boot: Chad Barrett
(my entry, by the way)
You can enter by posting a comment with the relevant info, but I'd prefer it if you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You might as well include a nickname for how you want to be listed when I post the results every week; otherwise I'll be attaching your really name to your crappy picks for the whole world to see.
CONTEST DEADLINE: All entries must be received by midnight of Tuesday, 27 April 2010, the eve of the opening encounter.
I know this might seem like a long way out, and you may want to learn a little bit more about what the Montreal and Vancouver rosters are going to look like when the season starts (or how the TFC roster shapes up, for that matter), so I'll continue to pimp this contest over the next four weeks.
I'm shooting for 50 entries, so if you have a platform for promoting this thing, I'd appreciate the support that way as well.