Sunday, May 02, 2010

I win!


The Eredivisie has wrapped up. FC Twente are champions, Luis Suarez tied the record for most goals by a foreign player with 35, and Feyenoord (rat bastards) leapfrogged AZ for 4th.

And I won some little contest I've been running:

TEAM PTS PLAYER GOALS
J
AZ 62 Mounir el Hamdaoui (AZ) 20
Ajax 85 Luis Suarez (Ajax) 35


TOTAL (PTS + GOALS x 2) 257
Pompey Canuck
PSV 78 Luis Suarez (Ajax) 35
Ajax 85 Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord) 9


TOTAL (PTS + GOALS x 2) 251
Headhunting Canuck
AZ 62 Luis Suarez (Ajax) 35
PSV 78 Balazs Dzsudzsak (PSV) 14


TOTAL (PTS + GOALS x 2) 238
Lord Bob
Ajax 85 Keisuke Honda (VVV) 6
FC Utrecht 53 Mounir el Hamdaoui (AZ) 20


TOTAL (PTS + GOALS x 2) 190


Pompey Canuck led much of the season, but my fortunes turned with AZ's, as the hiring of Dick Advocaat turned around the team's season, and gave a kick in the pants to striker Mounir el Hamdaoui.

If this blog survives the summer, I'll run this thing again in fall, hopefully with a few more entries. Thanks to all who participated.

6 comments:

Pompey Canuck said...

Congrats J, well done

masster said...

'If this blog survives the summer"??? Who will track Canadian contect for us?

J said...

masster,

I (mostly) kid. Although I don't have the time for this blog I once did, I still enjoy tracking Canadian content, commenting on the V-Cup, etc. It just seems like, from an MNT perspective, things will be pretty thin for the next little while.

And I plan to spend as much of this summer as possible in the wilds, away from my computer.

Headhunting Canuck said...

Very nice win J,

You know very well this blog won't go anywhere, until you get yourself some sort of contract with a big business that forces you to write on soccer and Canadian content. Now that I think of it the CRTC may just as well be your biggest fan, counting to make sure canadian players are being used.

On the side note it may be slow Canadian style, but we still have plenty of world cup action to cheer about... Let the show that I wish Canada would qualify for begin in 40 days.

J said...

HC, you are, of course, right. I will be bombarding everyone with largely unwanted Oranje content, however long they should remain in the tournament.

As is my style, though, I will be canoe-tripping while the final is being played. Are the semis on Thursday? If so I'll likely miss those as well.

Headhunting Canuck said...

J,

As being the Dutch fan that I am, along with you... as much as we would like to see them win a final, we all know that as long as we don't expect them to do anything and keep expectations low they will continue to do well, the minute there is talk that they will trounce someone is the minute they lose. So go canoeing, you can always watch a repeat if they somehow end up winning it all.

Don't worry I should be around during the finals... I'll be just finishing off my last week of work for summer holidays over here in the UK and will be enjoying mocking the English chance of holding the cup.

By the way I'm tempted to buy the new Oranje home jersey, very sharp looking, though they did dull down the orange to a more 80's standard.

Oh and as always if you canoe and such, I'll blog away instead.

Cheers