Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011: A blogging year in review

2011 was the year of twitter. Or was that 2010? In any case, what better way to summarize the most popular posts on the blog from the past year than to copy/past the tweet retrospective that I recently subjected my followers to.

out of touch

Thanks to all my readers, contest entrants, and especially commenters at Out of Touch in 2011. Looking forward to a big 2012 in Cdn soccer!

out of touch

1. "Nutrilite Canadian Championship pool: 2011 edition". For most, the only time they'll visit the blog

out of touch

2. "The new Canada kits: the good and the ugly" Remember when you cared about this? Me neither.

out of touch

3. "New contest: Gold cup goals" Players picked tournament goal scorers to win a 2" Radzinski doll.

out of touch

4. "Canada to host 2015 WWC" This successful hosting bid is one of the successes of 2011 that I barely remembered.

out of touch

5. "Know your enemy #1: St Lucia" Will you ever give this country a second thought again?.

out of touch

6. "Canada v Greece: the roster so far" Roster speculation from the first friendly of 2011.

out of touch

7. "Canadian content: A dismal report" A midterm grade on the atrocious Cdn content showing for the pro teams, esp. Van

out of touch

8. "Voyageurs Cup Pool: Week 2 report". Interest in my contests always outstrips interest in my thoughts.

out of touch

9. "FIFA rankings: April" Of particular interest since they would affect seeding for WCQ.

out of touch

10. "CONCACAF WCQ round 3 schedule". It is what it says it is.

out of touch

The year in blogging: I'll be counting down the 10 most popular posts on my blog from 2011. Feel free to put me on ignore.
The lesson? If the goal is to give the people what they want, then expect to see more sartorial musings and contests in 2012. But if you're being realistic expect more (or likely less) of the same.

Thanks for reading, and commenting. I'll give a special shout-out to my most dedicated commenter, BearcatSA, who is a real human and not a spammer (I think) and appears always to have read my posts before writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, "I am a human being!" (to quote John Hurt as John Merrick in the Elephant Man). Thanks for the shout out. Your blog is always thoughtful and thought provoking, as opposed to the "fan boys journalist wannabes" stuff I usually encounter but always ignore.

Happy New Year, jono!

BearcatSA
(pretentious prat in residence on the Voyageurs' forum!)