Friday, October 19, 2012

WCQ goals contest: Final standings


You may have noticed this blog has quiet in what has been a rather unquiet week for Canadian soccer.

Rest assured that I have some stuff in the works. Topics I'm mulling over include:

  • Tuesday's shitfest in Honduras
  • The departing generation of MNT players
  • Hart's resignation, whether he was the right man, and what kind of coach should be hired next
  • How much it sucks being a Canadian soccer (and local sports) fan in Winnipeg
  • Central America, the shithole

In the mean time, there is business to be taken care of.

I've been running a contest for this semi-final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying, with entrants selecting players for each of the 12 participating teams and gaining points for each goal scored.  Despite counting 5 Honduras goals towards my tally on the final match day, I didn't quite manage to finish first.

Two participants, Trevor C and Paul B, are tied on top and I did say there would be a prize.  I'll be in touch in a few days when I get that figured out.

Entry Pts
Paul B 30
Trevor C 30
Jon W 29
Scott B 29
Alex G 28
Seth G 28
Branden F 27
Jamie M 25
Theo G 20


You can view the full spreadsheet to see all of the picks and players.

No comments: