You may have noticed this blog has quiet in what has been a rather unquiet week for Canadian soccer.
Rest assured that I have some stuff in the works. Topics I'm mulling over include:
- Tuesday's shitfest in Honduras
- The departing generation of MNT players
- Hart's resignation, whether he was the right man, and what kind of coach should be hired next
- How much it sucks being a Canadian soccer (and local sports) fan in Winnipeg
- Central America, the shithole
In the mean time, there is business to be taken care of.
I've been running a contest for this semi-final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying, with entrants selecting players for each of the 12 participating teams and gaining points for each goal scored. Despite counting 5 Honduras goals towards my tally on the final match day, I didn't quite manage to finish first.
Two participants, Trevor C and Paul B, are tied on top and I did say there would be a prize. I'll be in touch in a few days when I get that figured out.
You can view the full spreadsheet to see all of the picks and players.