Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Predict: Canada 23-man roster for Mexico WCQs

Short and sweet: Who are the 23 that make the squad for the Mexico matches at BC Place and Azteca.

My list:

Goalkeepers: Milan Borjan, Kenny Stamatopoulos, Simon Thomas

Defense: David Edgar, Doneil Henry, Dejan Jakovic, Adam Straith, Marcel de Jong, Karl Ouimette, Sam Adekugbe

Midfield: Atiba Hutchinson, Julian de Guzman, Will Johnson, Kianz Froese, Sam Piette, Scott Arfield, Russell Teibert

Forward: Cyle Larin, Tesho Akindele, Tosaint Ricketts, Junior Hoilett, Marcus Haber, Simeon Jackson

The actual  roster will likely come out Thursday or Friday so get your 23 in the comments before then. Beat me and win a prize. Or not.

4 comments:

jonathan said...

I can already think of a few changes I would have made to that list. I think Vitoria is in.

Anonymous said...

Also Teibert is recovering from surgery, I think.

jonathan said...

Yes. The midfield depth beyond de Guzman, Hutchinson, and Johnson is really unclear. I think Teibert gets the call if he's healthy enough, because I can't think of anyone else Floro seems to like there other than Piette, or Straith playing out of position.

jonathan said...

Continuing this conversation with myself, I got 19/23.